Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Existential Angst Existential Angst is offline

Default convert air compressor to IC engine

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
anews.com...
I need a second portable air compressor to haul out into the orchard. So I
bought a 13 hp yanmar diesel. I have a nice Quincy 2 stage air compressor
made to run on an electric motor a sittin' on the shelf.

Do they make/sell change parts to run an air pump on a small engine? it
must be simple but I'm not sure what is needed.

How bout having the diesel turn a generator head, to drive the compressor
motor ?
If the diesel itself is electric start, you could rig it up so that when the
pressure switch calls for air, it starts the diesel, so the diesel doesn't
have to run all the time.
--
EA

Karl