Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Use of primitive tools

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 11:17:14 +0000, Mark Rand
wrote:

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 03:56:46 -0500, "Steve W." wrote:

The P-51 I have works easier BUT it's also larger than the 38. One I
used to have around was even smaller than the 38, came with a brand of
sardines I used to get.

I was a bit taken aback...

Isn't it overkill to use a fighter plane to open a can of tuna??

How much tuna is left in the can afterwards?

I have, on many occasions, used a sharp 2 pound axe to open cans; much
easier on the axe than using my skinning knife, safer too. I still
have the two axes my Dad and I carried on the trap line 50+ years ago.
Much easier to sharpen the axes with an angle grinder now than with
the hand cranked bench grinder I used to use!
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada