Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll[_3_] John R. Carroll[_3_] is offline

Default Use of primitive tools

On 2009-11-28, Michael A. Terrell
wrote:
Ignoramus11641 wrote:

I can even open cans with a bayonet. (which is what bayonets are
mostly for).

No, they are for disemboweling the enemy. Of course you
couldn't possible know that.

Well, I opened cans with a bayonet, and neither you nor I
disemboweled anyone with a bayonet. Right or wrong?

I was never in battle, but I was trained by the US Army how to do
it.

Hm, and they told you that bayonets are for "disemboweling"?

Not that you would understand the difference. Does the term 'Affix
bayonets' mean anything to you?

I have never been taught how to use them, but I was taught how to
affix them. In any case, I am not sure whether disemboweling people
with the bayonet attached to a rifle, is very practicable. Maybe
someone could shed light on that.

The most effective disemboweling tool the Army ever possessed, and still
does, is a radio.
That currently would be either the AN/PRC-117F or my personal favorite, the
AN/PRC-152

Older comm gear wasn't as reliable but was none the less extremely dangerous
when employed properly.
It also made a decent head rest.

--
John R. Carroll