Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default convert air compressor to IC engine

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 11:29:39 -0600, the infamous "Karl Townsend"
scrawled the following:

I need a second portable air compressor to haul out into the orchard. So I
bought a 13 hp yanmar diesel. I have a nice Quincy 2 stage air compressor
made to run on an electric motor a sittin' on the shelf.

Do they make/sell change parts to run an air pump on a small engine? it must
be simple but I'm not sure what is needed.

I'm sure "they" do. You'll need a vacuum solenoid which can kick it
into higher revs for pumping, and drop it down to idle when the
pressure switch tells it to. And a pulley the right size.

Talked to Grainger or McMaster yet? Or Orchard Supply?

--
Some days, it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.