Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default Use of primitive tools

Steve Ackman wrote:
In , on Fri, 27 Nov 2009 22:16:44 -0500, Steve
W., wrote:

Well I decided to try it myself. Grabbed a standard can of tuna (no C
sauce left), laid my Mechanics model Victorinox knife down and started
the clock.

48 seconds to open the can.

I don't think you beat the Army guy on Leno. 48
seconds is pitful! ;-)

I just did a large can (4" dia.) of tamales in less
than 30 seconds using the can opener on my Leatherman.
Could have done it in half that time easily with a
P-38. Probably 70% of that for a normal sized can.

I have a special P-38 on my key chain and use it regularly.

IT was the last of the 6 P-38s in my last case of C-Rats
in 1969. I've used this particular P-38 for 40 years.
(Holy time warp, Batman!)

It's still sharp.

Together we can open a can in 10 or 15 seconds.
Not much slower than crank type and a heck of a lot
more convenient than an electric.