Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default convert air compressor to IC engine

On Nov 28, 8:12*pm, Robert Nichols
wrote:
When I first read that subject line I envisioned someone adding
fuel injection and a spark plug to an air compressor and trying
to run it as an IC engine. *Yikes!!!

--
Bob Nichols * * * * AT comcast.net I am "RNichols42"

Some clever mechanics in the Air Corps ordnance company my father
commanded in the Phillipines did the reverse; they turned a Jeep
engine into a refrigeration compressor to make ice for the club. My
father contributed by loading his Jeep onto a cargo plane, flying to
Manila, loading up a barrel of whiskey and one of brandy at a brewery,
then driving & flying back.

From what I've heard and read the Fifth Air Force was a free-for-all
from the General on down, though an -extremely- effective one.

jsw