Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Use of primitive tools

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 19:51:10 -0500, "Steve W."
wrote:

Steve Ackman wrote:
In , on Fri, 27 Nov 2009 22:16:44 -0500, Steve
W., wrote:

Well I decided to try it myself. Grabbed a standard can of tuna (no C
sauce left), laid my Mechanics model Victorinox knife down and started
the clock.

48 seconds to open the can.

I don't think you beat the Army guy on Leno. 48
seconds is pitful! ;-)

Well I'm sort of spoiled with the electric....

I have been looking for the oddball opener I have, may have sent it with
a friend who went into the sandbox.

I just did a large can (4" dia.) of tamales in less
than 30 seconds using the can opener on my Leatherman.
Could have done it in half that time easily with a
P-38. Probably 70% of that for a normal sized can.

Well with my alternative opener I could probably open the can in about
1/1000 of a second. But the results from that .50 going through the lid
ain't pretty. ;-)

Just had another case of MREs dropped today. Have to rotate the stock. I
will say the new menu for 09 is pretty good, they are now up to 24
different entree's. Many of which are actually edible.

Get any spares..Ill swap you Stuff for em. At least 3 yrs before
expiration date please....G

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton