Heath Roberts

Default Unisaw restoration project: good idea or money pit?

"Upscale" wrote in message able.rogers.com...

"Heath Roberts" wrote in message
m...
... it has a chunk of iron missing where the right extension
bolts on....

It maybe just my phobias in play, but I run when I hear of things like this.
All too often, pieces of metal missing can suggest metal fatigue and that
scares me. I've experienced it first hand and it could be tantamount to a
sand-castle just before a wave hits.

Both breaks are at bolt holes, so I suspect they occurred when the saw
was being moved or disassembled. If I buy the saw, I will in all
likelihood replace the table.

Thanks,
Heath