Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Meat Thermometers

John Ferrell wrote:

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 14:11:50 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Anyone have a brand of meat thermometer (probe with display external
to oven) that lasts more than one turkey season?

Seems to be something about the probes getting corrupted.

Maybe roll your own?

...Jim Thompson

I hope the $20 one I just bought from Lowes lasts a while. I have seen
them working well on an outside grill with chicken. It has Silicon
type wire going to the meter. I would not use it on an indoor oven for
fear of damaging the seal on the door. Self cleaning ovens are very
handy!
John Ferrell W8CCW

Hey.. That's a tricky call.

bet you get told you do thinks backwards?

W8-Counter-Clock-Wise