Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Air Compressor - ambient temp?

Tony Hwang wrote:
dpb wrote:

I've even downloaded and read manuals for other compressors of similar
size to mine, and I can't find information for any of them as to safe
ambient temp operation range.

I've a 80-gal compressor in unheated barn for 30 years and do none of
the above other than very infrequent intervals and never had any
problems at all. Routine winter lows here are mid-teens, highs 30s/40s.

From my experience I wouldn't worry about it.

--

Hmmm.
That is not even cold! Where I am it gets down to -30.

Those were specifically given as routine for OP to judge as compared to
his location--it certainly does get to 0F and below; records are in the
-30F or so range. I've never really felt the urge to go play w/ the
compressor on such mornings ( ) but if that were the morning had
tractor tire down and needed it I'd treat it like any other...