Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_2_] Jon Danniken[_2_] is offline

Default Shopping in Peace, or Avoid the Droid

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Get used to it. At least 50% of the human population is desperately
trying to hang on to the left side of the intelligence bell curve.
Some of them even need pitons to maintain what little grip they've
got.
I applied to part time work at HD three years ago. It got as far as an
interview, during which the manager asked me if I had any ideas for
doing the job better. I told him I'd arrive 20 minutes early, NOT
punch in, and spend MY 20 minutes familiarizing myself with the
aisles. He asked me why.
Do I need to go any further? I did not get the job, by the way.

Thank you, Joe, I appreciate it.

I think the trick is finding a time when there are more customers in the
store to distract the "help." Unfortunately, I do most of my business
early, when most people aren't.

Maybe I could get a fake cellphone and pretend I am on the phone. Or a fake
hearing aid and yell at them.

Jon