Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_2_] Jon Danniken[_2_] is offline

Default Shopping in Peace, or Avoid the Droid

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Or, "How's everything?", 15 times during the meal? I know an actual
professional waiter to once told me "If something's not right, I'll
know just by watching you from 30 feet away. I don't need to nag you."

Right, now try getting asked that 12 times in the space of under 10 minutes
by 12 different people - including while you are pushing your cart down the
aisle - and you start to get the idea of why it was an unpleasant experience
for me.

It's damn hard to concentrate on what I am doing, and what parts will work
for doing it with, when I am getting continually (and randomly) barraged by
over-eager sales "help".

The smart ones will walk by, twiddle with something on the shelf near me for
a few seconds, then go away. This lets me know they are there, so if I need
help, I can ask them for it. Otherwise, I get to continue shopping
unmolested.

Jon