Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Shopping in Peace, or Avoid the Droid

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
" wrote:

I never have minded that clerks offer help...hell, it's their job. I
did once almost slug a woman in a fancy department store...always have
to go in through the cosmetics dept. and there were clerks standing
around with spray bottles of perfume. One gave me a spritz of unknown
perfume as I passed, without asking or offering that she was about to
assault me.

I used to stop and ask if the stuff had alcohol in it (and it
almost invariably did). Then I asked where the nearest hospital was
since the medication I was on would cause my blood pressure to skyrocket
with any contact with alcohol. I'd then leave the area at a dead run.

I solved that problem by not even shopping in stores like that any more.
(Only had one or two like that around here anyway, where the main
entrance was the cosmetics counter.) Hoity-toity department stores
seldom have anything in my size/price range/ style I would be caught
dead in anyway.

--
aem sends....