Mary Fisher

Default LED domestic lighting

While you can get very high output white LEDs (50Cd+), and you
can get assemblies of LEDs to replace conventional low voltage
bulbs, I haven't seen them applied to domestic lighting yet.

One of the biggest challenges is going to be getting the colour
temperature right - people are very fussy about that, and white
LEDs are very harsh.

Thank you. I asked because of a question on radio this afternoon - someone
asked what to do with defunct low energy 'bulbs' and a panellist said that
they could be an environmental hazard and implied that the future was in
LEDs.

But I'd still be interested in trying them ... one ... :-)

Mary

--
Grunff