Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Safety lites on gar. door opener

Harry K wrote:

I tested my door this morning, yes, there _is_ a short delay built
in. I can stand there and wave my boot back and forth with no
effect. I have to hold it steady for a short time before the door
reversal kicks in. Since mine is around 20 years old, I would assume
(yes I know) that all modern ones do. There goes your 'nuisance'

Well, I can confirm that assumption isn't true -- the pair on the one I
just installed were/are interrupted simply by the manual pull cord rope
passing between the beam. I had initially just set the two on the rail
supports while finishing the installation/adjustment and the rope
traveling w/ the carrier was/is sufficient. It's roughly a 1/2-sec
interruption based on door travel speed and rope diameter. No way could
wave a foot back and forth and not interrupt it.