Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Question about heat loss to environment?

On Nov 27, 12:05*pm, terry wrote:
On Nov 27, 1:51*pm, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Darnit! Don't give the Commiecrats any new ideas. You'll get us
all slapped with a latent heat tax or an inertia tax or a caloric
tax or an enthalpy tax or a ...........

Oh, oh another holo-climate denyer. Eh?

It's OK I'll just retire to my basement (50 to 60 degrees all year
round) and use the fat from one seal carcass for heat and light.

And yes we too, are struggling to understand carbon tax credits etc.
None of it seems to do much to actually REDUCE emissions. Anyway we
have planted some 70 trees during the last 35 years which
'sequestrate' (think that's the right word?) *certain amount of carbon
so credit is presently pretty good.

In a 'perfect' world every single person's actions would be tabulated
and accounted for and taxed/rewarded/penalized accordingly. As it
stands in this 'imperfect' world (which I like just fine), there are a
myriad of areas where the actions of some impact others with no
repercussions.

I've long held that there should be a "feedback gun" that drivers
could use to tag other drivers. A driver's insurance premiums and
their SPEED LIMIT would be based on that feedback. If you are a safe
and courteous driver, by all means, you should be able to drive at the
posted speed limit and have reduced insurance rates. If you are an
idiot cutting people off your rates go up and your maximum driving
speed goes down.

How many trees have you planted and matured?

He's still working on the maturing part.