Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default CFLs and bulbs (Gripe)

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 22:41:41 +0000, news09paul wrote:

John wrote:
It is a pity we are 'stuck' with relating brightness to wattage.

It's worse wrt non-rechargeable batteries. How the hell does
"extra heavy duty" or "suitable for digital cameras" relate to
an energy storage capacity?

Not sure exactly - but I remember that my old Fuji digital camera ran on
AAs, and at the point it'd claim that the batteries were dead I could put
them in something else and still get a lot more life out of them. I assume
some classes of devices just fall over with part-discharged cells, and the
"heavy duty" ones help address this.

cheers

Jules