Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] PlainBill47@yahoo.com is offline

Default Hitachi 37LD9000 Inverter tripping, Story in pictures

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 07:40:20 -0800 (PST), jango2
wrote:

Thanks for respnding Bill

Brute force
hammer n punch?

Well, I was thinking of something like a sheet metal nibbler (drill
hole in sheet metal, tip of nibbler goes through, nibble out opening
of any desired size ande shape). In this case, 'brute force' meant a
solution which avoided the sensitivity to metal without actually
repairing the design defect.

i have clearance between back cover n shield
5 mm displacement? Wht if I cut another hole through?
smd filter caps on board too?

There is a hole in the inner shield, I'm guessing it's about 5 cm x 7
cm. I would cut a rectangular hole 6 cm x 8 cm in the perforated
shield. Next, build a shallow rectangular pan 6 cm x 8 cm by 5 mm
deep with a 5 mm outer rim. Finally, attach the pan over the opening
you cut.

no schematics for inverter available, no marking on caps

How does the black patch and foil work anyways

I don't have a clue.

How do i word this innocently to Hitachi to get them to hep?

Why be innocent? I would start out assertive - "What is the reference
number for the service note, change order, or repair kit to solve the
inverter shut down problem on a 37LD9000 TV?"

PlainBill