Posted to sci.electronics.repair,aus.electronics
baron baron is offline

Default Two phases to house - loss of neutral

Sylvia Else Inscribed thus:

terryc wrote:
On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 22:12:24 +1100, Phil Allison wrote:

Would the two utility meters correctly reflect the energy I
consumed?
**Briefly, yes.
** Indefinitely, actually.

Yep, that is how 415VAC is obtained.

But is it how it's metered?

I haven't gone through the math, and I'd overlooked the fact that each
meter sees a power factor of less than one, so I can't say now whether
I think the meters would read correctly. But if there's a way of
looking at the problem that makes the answer obvious, I've yet to see
it.

Sylvia.

I have three meters, one for each phase.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.