Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Rand Mark Rand is offline

Default Which tool is needed. . . ?

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 18:28:28 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 23:19:02 +0000, Mark Rand
wrote:

Close inspection of the parts diagram (anyone want to give me an HLVH-H so I
know for sure, I missed out on two before I got the HLV), shows that the inner
races are separated by a spacer and clamped between the mandrel nose and the
pulley. The outer races are separated by a spacer closely fitted and keyed to
the headstock casting (can be assumed to be thermally part of it). The front
outer race is restrained on both sides, but the rear outer race is only
restrained on the "inside"

The spacer isnt keyed to anything. Its simply on the spindle tube.
Almost an interference fit.

I didn't mean the spacer on the spindle, I meant the one in the headstock
casting. The parts diagram seems to imply that there's a dowel going through
the top of the headstock casting to hold it in place. Although the book
doesn't show a part number for either part...

Regards
Mark Rand
RTFM