David Hall

Default OT - Coulter

You know, lies, damned lies, and statistics...

Income taxes, not payroll taxes. Payroll taxes (you know, fica, ss, etc) are
the majority of federal taxes for many if not the majority of people. As the
income tax goes down, the payroll tax stays the same.

Thus, the rich's taxes go down while the poor's taxes stay the same. Taxes
on unearned income, and estate taxes were also cut by bush. Again, to
benefit the rich.

Now, since the federal government is back to its old, pre-Clinton ways of
deficit spending, and there is that big old pile of money in the social
security trust fund, I guess bush can use that to pay for essential
services, right? That trust fund was built up using an additional 1% payroll
tax that was imposed in the 80s. You've been adding to it with your paycheck
every year since it was created so social security wouldn't fold in 2010.

SNIP

Although I am truly sick to see the deficits and believe that Bush or anyone
else who deficit spends is destroying his grandchildren's future, that concept
of a SS "lockbox" is utter foolishness. What is in that "lockbox"? Nothing but
IOU's from the federal treasury. In other words a promise by one branch of the
federal gov't to tax future citizens to pay back another branch of the federal
gov't. (Kind of like saying you have a rich trust fund because you wrote
yourself an IOU). SS always has been and always will be a "pay-as-you-go"
system, until and unless the entire federal debt (some $7 trillion if I am not
mistaken) is paid off - at which time we would what, buy some corporate stock??

We should all be ashamed of ourselves for leaving behind this horrible debt
because we and our parents wanted things that we were unwilling to pay for. It
is as bad as a father who dies and leaves his children debt - a truly shameful
act in my opinion.

Dave Hall