Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Safety lites on gar. door opener

On Nov 26, 1:38*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Harry K wrote:

Of course the purist would say "It's your own damn fault for not
making sure the door stayed down!" But the obvious flaw in THAT
argument is: "If I were in the habit of watching the door go down,
why would I need an electric-eye monitor?"

Ummm...for kids? Your argument stretches logic beyond all bounds.

No, if I were watching the door go down, I could monitor whether a kid was
stuck beneath. Then I could make a decision about whether to rescue him (or
her).

As for logic being stretched, thieves are opportunists. With 50 house on the
street, only one of which has the garage door open in the middle of the
night, which of the 50 do you think will be the most enticing?

Maybe I'm missing something; what part of my logic do you fear is
"stretched"?

So you never leave the door open while you are home and working around
the place? that is where your logic falls apart.

Harry K