Mark & Juanita

Default OT - Coulter

In article Q1gyb.260304$275.940212@attbi_s53,
says...
"Jerry McG" wrote in message
The Bush administration has set up a fascist regime where people can be

detained indefinitely without access to attorneys-

PEOPLE?? What friggin people, those terrosit scumbags in Gitmo? You want
those pieces of **** treated like normal, law abiding citizens? Of WHAT
COUNTRY, ass wipe? They are terrorist scum and should have been shot or
worse! What planet did you come from?

They have turned our justice system into a joke, and not a very funny

one
at that.

What "justice system", the one you leftists used to get OJ off ? What
bigger joke can there be than that? You trial lawyer leftist buddies are
just ****ed because the military will dispense with these PRISONERS OF WAR
rather than Johnny Cochran and his pals.

They are ENEMY COMBATANTS, not terrorists.

Do you have any idea what that really means? These are people
captured on a field of battle in combat, but not uniformed members of an
armed force. Do you know what other, previous conflicts would classify
these people as? Spies -- The Geneva convention is not very kind to
spies, the US is actually treating these people better than they would
have been treated in the past, where they could have been summarily shot
on the battlefield.

Do you want american soldiers
treated that way? Gotta play by the rules if you want equal treatment.

We are playing by the rules, problem is, the other side is not.

Even
if you don't, can you envision a situation where some soldier in the field
sees somebody with bushy eyebrows, and sez, hey, he must be Taliban! Lets
lock him up? And gets it wrong? And some family goes without a father for 3
years while the geniuses at Guantanamo figure it out?

You don't quite understand how the whole thing works, do you? More
realistically, the scenario is a soldier in the field seeing some guy
with bushy eyebrows and a rocket propelled grenade launcher and sez,
"Hey, I bet that guy isn't trying to sell me a satellite dish!"

Whats wrong with you guys? Thats the way the Nazis worked. And the
communists under Stalin. We don't want to be that way, do we? I don't.

What the HELL is wrong with giving these folks a fair trial?

How many US soldiers are you willing to get killed through this
process? The information in such a trial becomes public; methods and
means of surveillance, troop deployment and tactics are then available
to an adversary to devise countermeasures. ... and your side is the one
screaming about soldiers coming home in body bags?

Due process?
That doesn't mean letting them all go, it means dealing with them according
to the rule of law.

Contrary to your rantings, we are treating them according to the rule
of law, and even going out of our way to accord them humane and civil
treatment when the rule of military law (under which enemy combatants
fall) would allow far worse.

Sheesh.

as soon as you come up with an example of a single US citizen being
treated in a manner that denies them due process, you will have a point
from which to make a valid argument.