Posted to alt.home.repair
Zootal[_6_] Zootal[_6_] is offline

Default Window repair question

"dpb" wrote in message
Joe wrote:
What I suggested was like replacing your car because the engine/
transmission failed. It will take a year or two but you will be
replacing the failed windows again, bet on it.

I haven't seen anything but the pictures and have a _lot_ of original
windows much older than these and would still disagree that it's
necessarily so that when repaired they'll not last quite a long time.

And, one can generally repair/replace a transmission/engine still for
quite significantly less expenditure than for a whole new automobile.

I have a 1994 Subaru with about 147,000 miles on it. The auto trannies are
known for lasting about 150,000 miles or so. When it goes, I will replace
it. The car was paid for a long time ago and runs just fine. And if the
engine goes, I'll fix it or replace it. In the end, I'll get another ten
years of life from this car for a fraction of the cost replacing the car. I
once made the mistake of trading in my old Datsun as part of the purchase of
a brand new Ford Tempo. The Ford went to the junk yard before the Datsun
did.