Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill Bill is offline

Default Engineer's square

"Bruce Barnett" wrote in
message ...
"Bill" writes:

I see myself buying a TS, BS, DP and Router.

{snip]
This thread taught, along with related reading I did, taught me more
about squares than I ever knew, and I can tell that I've just
scratched the surface. I love it. If I can help furnish my house and
make some music with what I learn that will be very cool--and it may
even help legitimize all of the time I enjoy putting into the study
of woodworking!

[snip]

building require very fine tolerances (like the distances between
frets) and other aspects maybe not as much.

If you really like precision, some of us bought a TS-Aligner Jr
to do precise alignment of a tablesaw.

http://www.ts-aligner.com/tsalignerjr.htm

Ed used to post here and offer discounts. He's extremly anal about
measurement, and some people appreciate that. But the web site is very
helpful. He compares his tool to other tools on the market.

Id's also suggest a Wixey Angle guage. I got one from Rockler for $20
recently.

http://www.wixey.com/anglegauge/index.html

It's a much easier way to set precise blade tilt.

Thank you for the links. -Bill