Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Koblic Michael Koblic is offline

Default Temperature and digital calipers

On 2009-11-26, Michael Koblic wrote:

"John Husvar" wrote in message

Just get a regular old vernier caliper and learn to read it?
(Magnifying glass optional depending on age

As soon as I find one that reads to 0.001".

*Good* ones do. However, if all you've ever seen are the
stamped sheet steel ones sold by General, I can understand your
problem.

But yes -- the magnifying glass does come in with older eyes.

It is not a problem. The cheapest ones I have seen are $515. That is ten of
the cheap digital ones and a small lathe.

Or I could just blow hot air on mine for free. And save the cost of the
magnifying glass...