Posted to alt.home.repair
Zootal[_6_] Zootal[_6_] is offline

Default Window repair question

"dpb" wrote in message
Zootal wrote:
I see nothing futile about it. I'm simply fixing a window. ...

Agreed.

Did you check out the hardware/building supply places for DAP 33 glazing
compound yet?

No, I put it on hold a few days. As I was cleaning the frame, I realized
that the bottom wood piece was rotted much worse then I originally thought
and needs to be replaced. I can make one of these, as they don't require a
router jig or table. I don't have a router bit that will do a rabbet deep
enough, so I'm off to HomeDepot tomorrow for wood and router bits. I might
do the sides also, since they are easy to do. Fortunately the cross pieces
are good, as I don't have the setup to make those.

And I'll definitely check for DAP 33 glazing compound. The glazing compound
I have is acrylic something or other.