Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Undersink water filter *without* faucet

On Nov 26, 12:18*am, Chris Shaffer wrote:
I just moved into an older house with lead in the water. *However, the
kitchen sink was replaced recently and is uncontaminated. *It's got
very nice faucet fittings. *I don't want to add a new faucet or
replace a faucet, but every single undersink water filter I can find
on the web comes with an attached (usually shoddy) faucet.

Is it possible to buy an undersink water filter and attach it to the
existing cold water line and existing faucet?

Cartriges have limited life in gallons, if I hooked mine up to the
faucet it might last a month as with all the dishes being done, as it
is it lasts years for just drinking water, it has a seperate small
tap. I use Everpure and the cartrige is about 100$ if I remember
right. My largest percentage of water use is by far my kitchen sink,
you would be suprised at your gallons used if you wash dishes in the
sink and cook alot. A big filter would work but how effective it would
be to remove Lead without reducing flow and how many galllons it would
last for needs research. I opted to just filter for drinking water
after reading up.