Edwin Pawlowski

Default Tung Oil Application Help Needed

"David Patnaude" wrote in message

1. What do you use for application and buffing?

You can apply it with a sponge, foam brush, brush, fingers, rag.

I had some cheese cloth
which seemed to work ok, but even though I think I sanded this thing
really well, the cheese cloth seems to pull apart too easily. Trying to
buff, foget it. The tackyness of the finish just pulls it apart.

T shirts are very good for this. It should not be tacky though. Put on a
thin coat, let it sit for a short time, wipe off the excess. Let it cure
overnight

2. Should I sand at all between coats?

NO! Done properly, there is nothing to sand.

3. Hand protection: I didn'y want to get the oil all over me,
What do you use?

My hands. Tung and Danish oil wash off easily. There is noting harmful in
it.

4. Do you put anything on top of the Tung Oil? Wax? I know that the
Minwax Tung Oil is not pure Tung and is building up a glossy coat
already.

Nothing, but you can wax it.
Ed