Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default Experiment in Sea Level Rise

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 09:45:23 -0700, don wrote:
MeowSayTongue wrote:
On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 13:07:36 -0600,
(Hal Murray) wrote:

In article , Jim Thompson
writes:

I assume you'll agree that the Arctic is essentially neutral without
me having to pull out your finger nails ?:-)
Is Greenland part of the Artic?

Anybody got the number handy? How much would sea level rise if
Greenland melted?

26 FEET

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenland_ice_sheet

Greenland is a land mass, so I do not think it will be melting any
time
soon.

It is, however, covered with a large amount of ice.

The bedrock in the center of Greenland has been pressed below sea level by
the weight of the ice sheet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenland

So, when the ice melts, the bedrock floats on the magma, which is pressed
down by the additional weight of the ocean, Greenland pops up, and sea
level stays the same. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich