Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
MeowSayTongue MeowSayTongue is offline

Default Experiment in Sea Level Rise

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 15:21:58 -0000, "ian field"
wrote:

"MeowSayTongue" wrote in
message ...
On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 13:07:36 -0600,
(Hal Murray) wrote:

In article ,
Jim Thompson writes:

I assume you'll agree that the Arctic is essentially neutral without
me having to pull out your finger nails ?:-)

Is Greenland part of the Artic?

Anybody got the number handy? How much would sea level rise
if Greenland melted?

Greenland is a land mass, so I do not think it will be melting any time
soon.

How do you know..............it might be a cleverly disguised volcano.

Yes... Just like the ones on Europa.

If only we could dig a 1500 ft deep reservoir the size of lake
superior. Cover it, and then cover that with solar cells.

I would fill it ONLY with glacial waters from the North.

Then... I would dig another right next to that one.

Hell, just dam off the grand canyon and fill it up, like they did the
Flaming Gorge.

THAT is our best bet against rising seas. Also, it forces new
glaciation to begin, which draws its water from sea evaporations.