Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default What can I get out of Pella?

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 23:00:44 -0600, Michael Dobony
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 10:09:58 -0800, Jon Danniken wrote:

Aaron Fude wrote:
ransley wrote:
On Nov 23, 10:49 am, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

I ordered a $2000 bay window from Pella and it came an 1 1/4" to
wide so it won't fit into the rough opening without cutting cinder
block, extending head beam, etc. Pella's saying that all they can
do is re-manufacture the window. I argue that I had a crew idling
for for two days, and my family had gone to a hotel for a night
(all true). Furthermore, the mistake delays the project completion
by six weeks and forces me to have a hole in my house in
mid-January rather than now when it's mid 50's out.

What's the best strategy getting money out of Pella and what's the
most I can go for here?

Thanks,

Aaron

A crew idled for 2 days, you paid them, why. I cant believe you went
to a hotel for a lousy bay window. You can get a billion dollars,
persue it to the supreme court.

I paid them the cancellation fee. Family went to a hotel the night
before because the crews started at 7am and we have a small child.
It's spelled "pursue".

LOL! What, were you worried they were going to stuff your child in a
lunchbox or something?

It's a window for crying out Pete. Keep the kid in another room or (better)
let him sit there and watch; kids love stuff like that. Hell, take him to a
library or a park or something.

Jon

and have the child fall out the window when back home?

Not a factor, since the OP expected an opening there at some point for
installation. He's whining now about that fact that it will be colder
during the process.