Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default What can I get out of Pella?

Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

I ordered a $2000 bay window from Pella and it came an 1 1/4" to wide so
it won't fit into the rough opening without cutting cinder block,
extending head beam, etc. Pella's saying that all they can do is
re-manufacture the window. I argue that I had a crew idling for for two
days, and my family had gone to a hotel for a night (all true).
Furthermore, the mistake delays the project completion by six weeks and
forces me to have a hole in my house in mid-January rather than now when
it's mid 50's out.

What's the best strategy getting money out of Pella and what's the most
I can go for here?

Thanks,

Aaron

Hi,
Crew? You mean contractor? Then let them handle it.