Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Another question, induction motors on 50hz, limited duty

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 18:05:41 -0800, the infamous Jon Anderson
scrawled the following:

First, thanks everyone for the generator info. Looking into the cost, I
started to wonder if it really would be cheaper overall than replacing
the power hand tools down under. It probably really is, considering some
of the power tools I would take I've had some 10-15 years and still
haven't used once. If I only replaced the hand drills and grinders,
maybe not.

Take them with you and sell them as antique 'Merkin tools. You'll be
rich!

--
It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare;
it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.