Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill Bill is offline

Default Engineer's square

"Bruce Barnett" wrote in
message ...
"Bill" writes:

How do the Groz engineer's squares measure up for setting up a TS, BS,
etc?
Rockler has them (set of 3) on sale for $29.99 instead of $39.99.

I found that a nice 4" double square is a pleasure to use, and very handy.
They usually go for $40, but I've seen sales for $20.

I use that more than a fixed engineering square.

If you wish to check that your TS blade is vertical, for instance, do you
just use the base of the double square?
It would appear that the base has the potential to have more "integrity"
than the angle it forms with the rule.
I like that it is graduated--seems very usable indeed.

My thanks to everyone who has helped with this thread!

Bill