Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Zinsser Sanding Sealer vs. Shellac

On Nov 22, 8:25*pm, Steve Turner

What brand of conversion lacquer are you guys using?

I really, really like the stuff from these guys:

http://www.kwickkleen.com/catalog

Scroll down to their "finishes and sealers" button on the left hand
side.

They will send you a free catalogue, and if you have a business phone
number showing you are in "the business", they will send you a free
quart.

It is without doubt the finest pre-cat poly conversion lacquer I have
ever used. And the final finish when hardened and cured will rival
most air cured post-cat lacquers.

Plus.... if you hit a wall, you can talk to Dave, the owner and
proprietor who tests and is in charge of mixing and designing all the
finishing products he sells.

When I had a lot of refinishing of entry doors to do at a local golf
course/country club, I decided to try their stripper, and bought a
five. Their stuff makes Klean Strip and its cousins look like water.
I brushed my arm against some of their stripper that was on a door
frame and it raised white blisters in about 10 minutes. Good stuff!

Note too, they sell a very good professional quality metal lacquer in
a spray can that is quite good for all metals, but really great for
brass door hardware, hinges, knockers, mail slots, etc.

Robert