Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_31_] Bill[_31_] is offline

Default Engineer's square

Joe wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message

You'll never regret buying a good square. However, they're only good 'til
the first drop, so consider how (and where) you'll be using it. For the
purposes you describe, I don't think you can go wrong with the Groz. If
you're still not sure, buy the Groz, take it to your shop and see how much
or if it's off square, and if that doesn't meet with your minimum
requirements, take it back and tell them it's not square and step up to the
Starett.

The only "test" I can think of is the one I learned for a carpenter's
squa You use the square to draw a perpendicular line to the edge of a
board, then you flip the square over and draw another line. The lines
should be the same or parallel. Repeat several times for higher
confidence. How does that test measure-up here???

Bill