Posted to rec.woodworking
BobS[_3_] BobS[_3_] is offline

Default Engineer's square

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 21:18:25 -0500, Bill wrote:

How do the Groz engineer's squares measure up for setting up a TS,
BS,
etc? Rockler has them (set of 3) on sale for $29.99 instead of
$39.99. I
think the squares may also come in handy when installing a vise on
my
workbench to be (so I
need a larget one for that?).

I think that's the same set I bought at Woodcraft. The precision of
(IIRC) 0.0006" is marked on the blades, but no indication of whether
that's overall or per inch. In either case, I set the 6" up against
pricey machinists square on a flat surface and there was absolutely
no
light between the blades. I'm happy.

Accuracy of that double square is stated as " better than 0.001" per
inch"

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...79&cat=1,42936

Bob S.