Mike Tomlinson

Default Installing LV halogen lights into lath and plaster ceiling?

As subject.

I am about to start redecorating a room in a 1930s semi-detached with
original lath and plaster ceilings. I want to drill holes and fit LV
halogen lights and if possible, do not want to get into the nitty-gritty
of tearing down the ceiling and replacing it with plasterboard.

I had the idea of punching a screwdriver through the ceiling in each
light location, then going up into the loft and pouring a water/PVA mix
around each hole (to bind the lath and plaster together) and leaving it
to set for a few days before attempting to drill a hole from below.

Any comments?

--
A. Top posters.