Posted to uk.d-i-y
ransley ransley is offline

Default NiMh batteries

On Nov 24, 4:39*am, dent wrote:
I think 1% charge loss per day is normal for an NiMh; personally I've
switched to eneloops which do seem to retain charge as advertised.

The only trouble with the Eneloops, Vapex Instant's, etc. is that the
capacity is much lower (e.g., 2000mah v. 2900mah), giving a much
shorter run-time. I'm not aware of any power tools using the Eneloop-
style batteries yet, but I imagine that power tool manufacturers would
rather have the higher capacity and longer run-times, than longer on-
the-shelf time?

dan.

I dont find actual runtime less since they are not in my charger as
much. With every charge you get less life, with eneloop after 2 years
I am happy, my regular Nimh after 2 years have noticably less life
compared to eneloop. Sanyos ratings on capacity I trust other off
brands stating 2900 mah often are overstated. Try Eneloop, I read a
new eneloop is or will soon be out with that will last even longer, my
regular Nimh deteriorated very fast and are junk. When I used to turn
on a camera with regular nimh It was always near dead, now with
eneloops its not an issue anymore, my camera just works after sitting
3-6 months. I used to waste alot of time charging.