Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default NiMh batteries

In article
,
dent wrote:
The only trouble with the Eneloops, Vapex Instant's, etc. is that the
capacity is much lower (e.g., 2000mah v. 2900mah), giving a much
shorter run-time. I'm not aware of any power tools using the Eneloop-
style batteries yet, but I imagine that power tool manufacturers would
rather have the higher capacity and longer run-times, than longer on-
the-shelf time?

Really, if self discharge is a problem on a little used cordless tool
wouldn't a mains one make more sense?

--
*Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere may be happy.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.