Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
djcordes djcordes is offline

Default Midi-Chuck

Hi Casper,

I think everyone is over thinking this. I would just put the dowel between
centers and part the end down to a size that fits the midi-chuck, then put
the dowel in the midid and finish your work. Seems simple to me.

Dan

"Casper" wrote in message
I've got a Nova midi-chuck and want to turn a few things from dowels
but I have a conundrum. Thinner dowels fit and the thicker do not. I
can fit thinner directly into the chuck and turn just fine. The larger
diameter is too big for the chuck and too small for my jaws. I would
prefer not to have to buy another set of jaws right now.

Anyone have a suggestion for a jig or way I can fit the dowel?

My tools consist of a jet midi with it's standard mount and center, a
Nova midi with 50mm jaws and a Jacobs chuck.

`Casper