Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill[_9_] Bill[_9_] is offline

Default How to 'Flush' a countertop

"in2dadark" wrote in message
My galley kitchen (posted pics in another thread) has an L shaped bar
with cabinets on the bottom. In my remod I want to cut the raised bar
off and make the countertop flush. What's the best way to do this to
leave myself with little drywall work on the supporting section?

I have no idea what other thread has your pictures. Post a link when
referring to pictures.

In general what I would do is pull off the drywall so I could see all
electrical wires, plumbing, etc. and the framing. Then modify it as needed.
I'm not afraid to do drywall work. Learn to do drywall, it is easy, and you
will not be limited on your projects in the future...