Posted to alt.home.repair
starrin starrin is offline

Default Seal exterior of brick house?

I have a 50+ year old brick ranch house in coastal VA. During the
N'oreaster of a week or so ago, we had steady 30+ mph winds with (in
our case) 10.9" of rain. Ten days later, we can still see the dry/wet
line on the windward side brick caused by the overhang of the eaves.
Have never had that happen before, and we have gone through lots of
hurricanes.
So, the question arises in my mind, is there some reason I want (or
not want) to seal the exterior brick once it dries out. What's an
apprpreate sealer, if you believe in sealing?
TIA
starrin