Posted to comp.home.automation,alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default Anyone moved to LED Lighting?

In article , Josepi wrote:
Interesting. Everything I have ever heard says the opposite about
fluorescents, of the right colour.

How can UV from the sun affect these maladities? Sun exposure usually
affects many maladities in a good way. Breast cancer is one that is
statistically reduced, big time.

The flickering of fluorescents was always blamed for some problems but the
sun doesn't flicker at 120Hz.

"Chuck" wrote in message
I will stay with old fashion bulbs as long as I can. My wife can't be
exposed to florescence bulbs. People with immune problems (arthritis or
lupus or fibromyalgia) react badly to the CFL type bulbs. They emit ultra
violet light like the sun does.

Furthermore, CFLs emit less UV than is found in even a similar quantity
of daylight that has passed through a window.

- Don Klipstein )