Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default latest Euro ROHS fun

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 16:13:10 -0800, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

Moral: There are plenty of other things, besides lead,
that significantly affect a person's IQ, that are also
rather difficult to control [for].

Most importantly... An IQ test measures one thing -- the ability to take an
IQ test.

Yep. However, I've noticed that my scores tend to deteriorate as I
get older. Probably started when I switched to decaf. Also, there
was a drop when I started using reading glasses:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/05/060504082306.htm
"The poorer performance by older adults may be characterized by a loss
of efficiency in visual search," stated the researcher." If it takes
a few milliseconds more for someone older to read the symbology,
multiplied by a few hundred questions, it becomes a significant
factor.

I can get away saying that, because I consistently score in the 99th
percentile.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_IQ_society

I about typical for a college graduate. That means I'm not as smart
as I pretend to be.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D