Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G. Greg G. is offline

Default Video of My Table Saw Out-feed Table

Hoosierpopi said:

I wonder if anyone has attempted or succeeded in building one using
the torsion box approach? I built a table for a handicapped fellow
using that approach (it had to be light to hang on steel shelving
supports allowing clearance for the wheel chair) and (noticing the
thickness of your project) thought it might be ideal for such a TS
Extension - light and all that.

I built an outfeed table using a torsion box design. It doesn't fold,
but rather lifts off but is _very_ lightweight. I cannot find any pix
of its construction, I think the ex was off with the camera.
It has two adjustable screws that level it with the saw top and the
legs are actually a roller stand used before building the extension.
The faces are tempered 3/16" hardboard, nitro-lacquered, and waxed.
The miter slides were let into SPF 2x4s incorporated into the top
before sandwiching together. Yadda, yadda...

Greg G.