Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] jbslocum@gmail.com is offline

Default What's a good reliable generator, only worried about the generator part

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 10:48:12 -0800, Jon Anderson

I think you are looking for something like this.

Yeah, that's getting there. I did find something similar at Northern
Hydraulics last night, but they were 3600 rpm. If this guy can get one
in around a 4kw output, I think I'd go for it. Only has the one listed,
but I asked about getting a smaller one.

Thanks!

Jon

Mechanically the generator itself doesn't care what RPM it turns at,
Other then possibly accelerated bearing wear which is minimal with
ball/roller bearings. The gumph about 1800 RPM vis-a-vis 3600 was
mostly heard from the marine users and was mainly worry about engine
life and noise.

Regards,

J.B.