Posted to alt.home.repair
Angie K. Angie K. is offline

Default Septic System Issues

Wow.. so many replies.. I will try to answer everyone at once...

The drains that are overflowing are all of them... we have one filter
flowing into one common drain pipe with the toilet, and the softener
shares a common drain with the washer. the filters, softener and
washer are all down stairs in the ultility closet, but meet with the
drains upstairs.

The reason it was overflowing into the sump was the common drain with
the washer is directly above the sump pump. it was overflowing out of
the pump, onto the floor and then flowing from the floor to the
sump... my basement is rather wet right now... this is happening as
well with the toilet, sink and tub drain, there is a pipe that comes
out that the filter flows into when it flushes itself out, this has
also ended up all over the floor, even though its in the crawl space,
its ends up seeping through the walls and getting everything in its
path wet..

all of the drains ( aside from the sump) are ground level, i just have
access to them from the basement and the crawl space.

It has not rained allot lately, and there are no trees near the tank.

The water is overflowing out of these 2 common drainage pipes when
their respected filters or washer is draining. At first i thought the
drainage hoses where not far enough down into the pipes, after trying
that solution, that seems to not be the case.
the common drain with the washer is the alternate location to drain
the softener. we moved it from the common drain to the bathroom. both
of these drainage pipes overflow when any form of water is run through
the system, ( showers, flushing the toilet, washing hands.... ect)

I tried flushing the toilet again today to see what would happen. the
water was not only backing up into the tub, it was backing up into the
other toilet, and sink but the other bathroom on the other side of the
wall on the same level that also shares that common drainage pipe.

I am thinking there may be a block where these 2 drainage pipes meet
to run to the tank outside the house...