Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Concrete Patch Question

In article ,
" wrote:

Dottie wrote:
I bought a tube of concrete patch (made by Dap) in a tube like
caulk....for use with caulking gun. If I don't use the whole thing -
is there a way to save the left over? There's nothing on the package
about that. With caulk I can usually put a large nail in the hole to
plug it and it keeps for a little while. I'm not sure concrete will
do that....any suggestions would be appreciated.

I've used painters tape to cover opened tubes...use two strips, crossing
over each other. I've kept the tubes and found them in good condition
after several months. Nails rust.

I'll throw in my tuppence on preserving caulk tubes; works especially
well with silicone formulations: The stuff tends to dry to a given
depth, so capping the end with anything still allows the first inch or
so of nozzle to harden. I squeeze out a big glob of the stuff, as large
a blob as will self-support. I spread it liberally around on the end of
the nozzle in a rough spherical shape. It hardens to form its own ugly
but functional protective cap, which I can later remove in one piece.